Jan 10, 2010

What the book?


One of the things I miss most about home is the ability to buy books...in English. Within a week or two I went through all of my English books, traded with the other foreigners and once again ran out. This week, I placed my third order with whatthebook.com This is a foreign owned bookstore in Seoul. Their website is easy to use and you can pay online using your KB Star or bank card. Then, within three days, if they have the book in stock, it arrives...if they have to order it, it takes ten days. My recent order: The Hour I First Believed, The Secret Life of Bees, The Almost Moon, Thanks for the Tip - Confessions of a Waiter, A for Alibi, B for Burglar, and The Condition. Now, that I look at my order I realized the one book I really wanted, The Girl that Played with Fire...I didn't order. It looks like I will have to place another.

Those of you living in Korea...this IS the best place to get English paperbacks and new releases, they even have a place on their site for magazines.

1 comment:

Andrew and Cayce said...

if you have any books you're dying to read, let me know and i will try to bring them with us!

Our Sponsors