Jan 10, 2011

Strawberry Goodness


For as long as I can remember, my mom has made Strawberry Pie. I made it last night and it was a hit, I could have eaten the whole thing myself. But, I thought I would share the recipe for everyone...since it is Strawberry Season and all.
So, Here is what you need:
1 cup of cut up strawberries (or more if you love them)
2 cups of ice
1 8oz container of cool whip (you can use fat free or sugar free)
2/3 cup of water
1 package of jello (strawberry or strawberry banana)
1 pie crust (shortbread or graham cracker is the best)

Then:
Boil 2/3 c. of water...take off heat and add the jello packet.
Stir for 3 minutes
Add in 2 c. of ice
Stir until the jello gets thick
Take out the remaining ice
Mix in Cool Whip
Mix in Strawberries
Put the the fridge for 30 minutes or so, until it is thick
Then pour it into the pie crust
Let it sit for 3 hours...

YUM!

No comments:

Our Sponsors